Thursday 29 October 2015

Writing by Charlotte


Hi, Miss J Could you please publish this one the blog for me? Thanks, Charlotte


The old wooden floorboards creaked beneath my weight. A dim light glowed from a single candle on one side of me. A bright lightning bolt illuminated the sky. I was surrounded by old chests and boxes filled with all sorts of junk (boring jewelry, ancient clothes and hats and a heap of cobwebs). My brother, Sam and I had come to the 'Haunted House' to find a jewelry box for Mum. Whenever we need anything we come to the attic of the 'Haunted House' to find it. The owner died years ago. I jumped at the sound of a thunder clap. Why do I always come on the worst of nights?

We searched through boxes one by one seeing more cobwebs and finally a jewelry box! It was silvery with a mirror on top, on each side of it was a brilliant stone of a shimmering emerald green colour. "Can we go?" Sam asked, nudging me, "This place is creeping me out."
So we moved towards the door but Sam tripped over some box and it moved automatically. Hidden underneath was a long, deep, black hole.

"Lets go!" I said dashing for the door. But it wouldn't open. I pushed and pushed but it didn't budge, Sam started wailing and crying. Making a quick decision I thrusted the jewelry box in his arms, his hand in my hand and the glowing candle in the other and marched determinedly towards the hole. "It's the only way out." I said.

We climbed down the rope ladder listening to the rumbling roar of the storm. A few long minutes later we reached the bottom of the pit but to our dismay, confronted with a maze of twists and turns. So we went left, then right then right again and left, left, right so many times I lost count. Finally we found ourselves in a long, dark corridor lit by orange candles. We heard a loud thump behind us. We started running until we found ourselves in our not-spooky, not- dimly-lit, not -scary backyard.

"What just happened?" I asked

By Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment